People see their doctors to solve medical problems, not make them worse. While Orin J. Cohen Law respects and appreciates the work medical providers do, there are numerous cases in which patients on Staten Island, in Brooklyn and across New York City are harmed due to carelessness or negligence. These cases are the reason for my medical errors practice and your need for an experienced lawyer.
Skillful Representation In All Types Of Medical Malpractice Claims
These are some of the common errors that occur in doctor’s offices, clinics and hospitals:
- Surgical errors: cutting or severing vital tissue during the procedure
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis: cancer, heart disease, pulmonary embolism, etc.
- Anesthesia errors: the wrong anesthetic or the wrong dose of it
- Failure to monitor patients during surgery or recovery
- Infections that should have been prevented
- Failure to provide the brain with oxygen
- Surgical equipment errors
- Birth injury occurring to mother or child, including cerebral palsy
- Emergency room errors
- Medication errors: the wrong drug administered or the wrong dosage
- Drug allergies exacerbated
‘Never Events’ Continue To Plague Hospitals And Health Care Centers
The above list includes just some of the errors that should never occur in a hospital setting; even providers and hospital administrators admit the unacceptability of these occurrences, calling them “never events.”
When they occur anyway, it is usually because of an action or omission that falls well below the expected standard of medical care. When that happens, patients and their families are entitled to seek compensation under the principles of centuries-old personal injury law.
Medical Malpractice Representation For Staten Island And New York City
I invite you to discuss the injuries you or a family member has suffered while under a doctor’s care. You will find me empathetic and professional.
Orin J. Cohen Law is conveniently located at Victory Boulevard and Clove Road. If you cannot come to my office, I can come to you, at your home or hospital bed.
Schedule a no-charge, no-obligation appointment with attorney Orin J. Cohen at 718-303-2995.